My Name is Diane Riley. My husband John & I own and operate boarding kennels on 5 acre park like grounds in Eyrewell North Canterbury. We are lucky to live close to forest and river where our dogs love to run free through the bush or on the river bank. Our current cats are Chuck and Katie.
I have owned and bred Australian Terriers since 1977 when I was given my first Australian Terrier, a red bitch - Ch Lester Burgundy Girl. John has owned a Newfoundland dog and numerous cats and is very supportive in the breeding and show areas of our business.
In fact our whole family is involved in showing and breeding. My parents have owned, shown and bred Bull Terriers since 1963 under the prefix of “Brixton”.
My older sister breeds Corgis and owned West Highland Whites for a period of time, and my younger sister has Border Terriers, Boxers and has now taken over my parents Bull Terrier Kennels.
We all enjoy the camaraderie of the dog show world and spend many weekends at shows together. Apart from Australian Terriers I have also owned and/or bred Bull Terriers, Border Terriers, Lakeland Terriers and Boxers. I have exported Australian Terriers to Australia, the USA and Finland.
I have judged dog shows in Australia and the USA as well as here in New Zealand and I have held many positions in various dog clubs.
• New Zealand Kennel Clubs Judges Panel since 1989
(licensed to Judge Terriers, Utility and Gundogs at Championship Show level)
• Accredited ROM judge for Bull terriers
• Junior Handlers judging panel
• Secretary of the Canterbury Junior Kennel Society between 1978 and 1980
• President, Editor & Committee of the Australian Terrier Club
• President, Vice President, Secretary, Committee Canterbury Combined Terrier Club
• Vice President, Committee South Island Boxer Club
• Current President of the Canterbury Bull Terrier Club.